Changemakers from across the food industry, government and research institutions will gather in Brisbane on 23–24 November for the 2nd National Food Waste Summit and Trade Show.
Stop Food Waste Australia and Fight Food Waste CRC are proud to host the National Food Waste Summit on 23–24 November, 2022 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
This will be a milestone event in Australia’s journey to halve food waste by 2030. Over two days, hear from experts in food waste, climate, sustainability, and innovation as we explore the current, and future, landscape of food in Australia and the latest topics, trends, and solutions to Australia’s $36.6 billion food waste challenge.
The program includes expert panel discussions and keynote presentations sharing the latest insights and case studies on impactful actions underway and applicable for businesses across the food supply chain. There will also be a trade show and networking functions.
The first announcement of speakers includes:
- Adam Ferrier – consumer psychologist, CEO Thinkerbell, and ABC regular.
- Brianna Casey – CEO, Foodbank Australia
- Ronni Kahn – CEO and founder, OzHarvest
- Nerida Kelton – Executive Director, Australian Institute of Packaging AIP
- Katy Barfield – CEO and founder, YUME
- Kat Heinrich – Director and Principal Consultant, RAWTEC
- Paul Conroy – CEO, FareShare
- Steve Clifford – CEO, SecondBite
- Shane Quinn – National Sales Manager, Mulgowie
- Travis Hatton – Manager Business Solutions, Sustainability Victoria
- Toine Timmermans – Program Manager of Sustainable Food Chains, Wageningen University & Research Netherlands
The second speaker announcement will be released in the coming weeks.
The 2nd National Food Waste Summit marks five years from the first Summit convened by the Australian Government and the launch of the National Food Waste Strategy. It was here that Australia made a commitment to halve food waste by 2030.
In 2022, we stand five years on from the launch and edging towards 2030. The second National Food Waste Summit will showcase the work underway by Stop Food Waste Australia, our partners, and Signatories of the Australian Food Pact, and the world-leading research from Fight Food Waste Cooperative Research Centre, and interrogate what needs to be done and who needs to be involved if Australia is to reach this important goal of halving food waste.
The momentum is growing and there’s no time to waste. If you are fighting food waste and want to increase your impact, or you’re ready to get started, the National Food Waste Summit will connect you with the people and actions required to make real economic, environmental and social impact.
Ways to get involved:
- Buy a ticket, and join in-person or online, early bird tickets available until Friday, 30 September.
- Become an event partner, see sponsorship opportunities.
- Exhibit at the Trade Show, see Exhibitor information.
- Spread the word.
See further event information here: foodwastesummit.com.au
We look forward to seeing you there!